When I lived in Copenhagen for six months in spring 2010, bikes were everywhere. They were the way of life. I suppose sustainability and efficiency comes naturally to Europeans. I decided to remodel my mountain bike to fit my personality, and bought simple materials like twine, rust-colored spray paint, wood buttons and leather for the handle bars.
- Rust-Oleum Flat Red Primer Spray Paint, adheres to wood, metals and plastics
- Soft leather trim piece: Joann’s Fabric & Crafts
- Suede spool: Joann’s Fabric & Crafts
- Wooden buttons: Joann’s Fabric & Crafts
- Heavy duty jute spools (vegetable fiber similar to twine): Home Depot
- Biria Front Quick Release Bike Basket (below): Marty’s Reliable Cycle, Morristown, NJ
Come back for my updated post in the spring!